Integrating your identities with the Microsoft cloud provides access to a broad range of services and applications.
Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) integration supports:
• Identity management for applications across all categories of Microsoft’s cloud (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS).
• Consolidated identity management for third-party cloud applications in your portfolio.
• Collaboration with partners.
• Management of customer identities.
• Integration with web-based applications located on-premises.
For line of business (LOB) applications hosted on virtual machines in Azure IaaS, you can use Domain Services in Azure AD or you can extend your on-premises Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) environment.