Overview of Threat Intel
- It is a Growing Field
- High adoption in many organizations
- This information is used to prepare, prevent, and identify the cyber threats looking to take advantage of valuable resources.
- Overall ,threat intelligence is an important investment for many organizations.
Types of Threat Intel
- Strategic Intel – Broader trends typically meant for a non-technical audience such as It’s intended to
inform high-level decisions made by executives and other decision makers at an organization.
- Operational Intel – Technical details about specific attacks and campaigns
- Tactical Intel – Outlines of the tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) of threat actors for a more
Pyramid of Pain
It represents the types of indicators that the analyst must look out to detect the activities of an adversary.