Source: grahamcluley.com – Author: Graham Cluley
13 years jail for spoofing scammer, a rogue IT security expert’s Bitcoin blackmail goes wrong, and Facebook’s eyewatering GDPR fine may be only the beginning of its problems.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by the Imposter Syndrome Network podcast’s Zoë Rose.
Graham Cluley – @gcluley
Carole Theriault – @caroletheriault
Zoë Rose – @RoseSecOps
- Man convicted of blackmail and other offences – SEROCU.
- EU hits Meta with record €1.2B privacy fine – Politico.
- Police text 70,000 victims in UK’s biggest anti-fraud operation – BBC News.
- iSpoof fraudster guilty of £100m scam sentenced to 13 years – BBC News.
- Fraudster pleads guilty to £100m iSpoof scam – BBC News.
- 300: Interplanetary file systems, iSpoof, and don’t delete Twitter – Smashing Security.
- “John Was Trying to Contact Aliens” – Netflix.
- Sleep mask – Amazon.
- Blackout blind with suction cups – Amazon.
- Jewish Matchmaking – Netflix.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Bitwarden – Password security you can trust. Bitwarden is an open source password manager trusted by millions of individuals, teams, and organizations worldwide for secure password storage and sharing.
- Kolide – Kolide ensures that if your device isn’t secure it can’t access your cloud apps. It’s Zero Trust for Okta. Watch a demo today!
- Centripetal – Centripetal’s CleanINTERNET defends your assets from cyber threats by leveraging dynamic threat intelligence on a mass scale.
Support the show:
You can help the podcast by telling your friends and colleagues about “Smashing Security”, and leaving us a review on Apple Podcasts or Podchaser.
Become a supporter via Patreon or Apple Podcasts for ad-free episodes and our early-release feed!
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or on Mastodon, on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter or Mastodon to read more of the exclusive content we post.
Graham Cluley is a veteran of the anti-virus industry having worked for a number of security companies since the early 1990s when he wrote the first ever version of Dr Solomon’s Anti-Virus Toolkit for Windows. Now an independent security analyst, he regularly makes media appearances and is an international public speaker on the topic of computer security, hackers, and online privacy.
Follow him on Twitter at @gcluley, on Mastodon at @[email protected], or drop him an email.
Original Post URL: https://grahamcluley.com/smashing-security-podcast-323/
Category & Tags: Data loss,Facebook,Law & order,Malware,Mobile,Podcast,Privacy,Ransomware,extortion,GDPR,iSpoof,ransomware,Smashing Security – Data loss,Facebook,Law & order,Malware,Mobile,Podcast,Privacy,Ransomware,extortion,GDPR,iSpoof,ransomware,Smashing Security