One of the most asked questions we get is “How Do I Get Started in DFIR?”
Unfortunately, there isn’t a simple answer that works for everyone. This guide was created to help YOU figure out the best path into DFIR. Use it to help develop your skills and find a network of people to support you getting into the industry.
What to expect from this guide:
This guide contains nine sections, each focusing on different ways to develop skills. If you
focus efforts on each one of these, you will gain exposure to the industry and be able to
define your specific pathway.
- Take advantage of free content
- Build your skills
- Surround yourself with industry experts and mentors
- Attend free and low-cost events
- Engage with the community
- Scholarships, sponsorships and community programs
- Get training and certification
- 20 coolest careers in cybersecurity (10 are DFIR)
- Learn from the community – featured interview with Kat Hedley
- Last word of advice from Heather Mahalik
Why Digital Forensics & Incident Response?
Digital Forensics and Incident Response roles will always be required, and always be in demand. Crimes involving digital assets are becoming increasingly common, and as technology and techniques evolve over time, the field needs to adapt and innovate to stay one step ahead, which makes DFIR such an interesting area to work in. It’s also one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers, knowing that you are helping to solve crimes, find the right answers, and stop bad people doing bad things.
Download & read the complete guide below 👇👇👇